Balsamic vinegar is one of the most versatile food items to create unique flavor profiles for anything from ice cream to vegetables. While I have links to some of my favorite recipes on this website, there are plenty of talented chefs who will show you some of their favorite balsamic vinegar recipes. Bring out the Italian chef in you with Gourmet Living’s IGP Balsamic Vinegar from Modena Italy.
Whether you are planning to simply add a few drops of balsamic to Parmesan cheese or fresh strawberries, the unique agro-dolce characteristics of this distinctly Italian vinegar will transform the most mundane dish into something very special. Enjoy some of our favorite balsamic vinegar recipes:
Simple Appetizer Recipes to Wow Your Guests
I have always found that kicking off the meal with an unusual appetizer makes your guests hunger for more. Try out these great appetizers:
- Charred Octopus with Peach, Arugula and Aged Balsamic Vinegar from Epicurious.com
- Prosciutto wrapped asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar from Group Recipes. (Editor’s Note: If you use a quality balsamic, you need less than half the recommended amount.
- Balsamic Bruschetta from All Recipes.
- Raspberry, Basil and Balsamic canapes from Cooks the Story
Great Salad Ideas with Balsamic Vinegar
A touch of balsamic vinegar will enhance the flavors of most any salad. Whether you are using a balsamic reduction or balsamic vinaigrette, these salad recipes work for most any casual or formal occasion.
- Composed Citrus Salad with Balsamic – a recipe from Gourmet Living
- Simple Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from the Food Network
- Romaine Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette from Cooking Light
- Insalata di pomodori and mozzarella – that classic Italian salad from Cucina di Stagione
Roasted Vegetables with a Touch of Balsamic
We love vegetables, but have learned that overcooking vegetables destroys not only their taste but many of nutrients. Sometimes it is a wise idea to add a few drops of balsamic to change to the taste profile without overwhelming the natural taste of the vegetables. Here are a few of our favorite vegetable recipes:
- Mixed vegetables glazed with balsamic vinegar from Epicurious.
- Balsamic roasted vegetables from Bon Appétit.
- Roasted asparagus with balsamic vinegar from All Recipes
- Ina Garten’s Balsamic Roasted Vegetables courtesy of the Food Network
Balsamic Vinegar Brings out the Best in Meats
I think you are probably getting the right idea, balsamic vinegar is a versatile ingredient that should be in everyone’s kitchen. This superb pork belly recipe is one of Gourmay Living’s go to recipes for formal dining occasions.
- Pork Belly with Balsamic Vinegar, Fennel and Onions from Gourmet Living
- Balsamic Roast Pork Tenderloins from Rachel Ray courtesy of the Food Network
If pork is not your thing, find below some other meat recipes that might be more appealing:
- Braised Beef with Mushrooms, Onions and Balsamic from the Food Network
- Balsamic and Rosemary Marinated Florentine Steak from Food & Wine
And, last but not least, how about a video showing you how to make balsamic and fig mascarpone ice cream. It doesn’t get much better than this: