I continue to explore ways to use Gourmet Living’s extra virgin California olive oil. Leafing through the Summer 2016 Catalog from King Arthur Flour, I came across this delightful recipe for Olive Oil Bundt Cake.
In the next couple of weeks, I will be attending a four-day baking course at King Arthur. If you are a baker or aspiring baker, their products are second to none. This cake is as good as it gets. The only minor modification I did was to triple the amount of almond extract. Both my husband and I prefer a more pronounced almond flavor in our cake. Naturally, we used our superb California extra virgin olive oil which is made from the Picual olive.
California Olive Oil Bundt Cake
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups 10 1/2 ounces of sugar
- 2/3 cup extra virgin olive oil roughly 4 5/8 ounces
- 1 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup 2 5/8 ounces almond flour
- 1 3/4 cups Unbleached Cake Flour approximately 7 1/4 ounces King Arthur
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup milk approximately 4 ounces
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease a 10- 12-cup Bundt Pan
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until very light and pale yellow, about 3 minutes. Add Gourmet Living's extra virgin California olive oil and extracts and beat until incorporated
- In a separate bowl combine the flours, salt and baking powder
- Add the dry ingredients to the liquid mixture alternately with the milk, starting and ending with the dry ingredients. Stir until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 45 to 50 minutes, until a tester inserted in the center comes out clean, and the edges pull away from the pan
- Remove the cake from the oven and place it on a rack to cook. Turn it out of the pan onto a rack after about 10 minutes to cool completely.
If you like this olive oil recipe, you will discover more great recipes and food tips on the Gourmet Living blog.