A simple yet delicious recipe that we often prepare for Corinne, our granddaughter, is chicken tenders with butter and rosemary.
Chicken tenders or chicken fillets or chicken fingers are simply chicken meat (usually attached to the breast) that has no skin. You can normally buy organic (please!!!!!) chicken tenders at the supermarket in packages of about 10 or 12. There is absolutely no need to “bread” or panko these tenders so do save the carbs!
Chicken Tenders with Rosemary and Butter
Ingredients (Serves 2 to 4)
- Package of 10 to 12 chicken tenders (best at room temperature)
- Two sprigs of rosemary (remove stalk) – or sage
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 tablespoon of oil (Gourmet Living extra virgin olive oil from California)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in oil in skillet over medium heat
- Add fillets when the butter is hot and salt and pepper to taste
- Flip fillets when brown (3 to 5 minutes) and salt and pepper again
- Allow to cook another 3 to 5 minutes until both sides are brownish
Serve immediately and spoon a bit of the drippings over the tenders. Leftovers are great cold.