This traditional dop balsamic vinegar has been barrel-aged for a minimum of 12 years in a battery of barrels made from no less than 5 different types of wood. The resultant “wine must” is tested, bottled and sealed by the Italian Growers Association in a distinctive 100 ml bottle.
- DOP certified “Affinato” 12-year old Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is produced, aged and bottled in Modena, Italy.
- You too can “cook like an Italian.” Just a few drops create chef-quality meals.
- No additives or preservatives. This traditional balsamic vinegar consists only of 100% barrel-aged wine must.
- Barrel-aged balsamic vinegar made from entirely of wine must from Trebbiano grapes in Modena Italy.
- Balsamic vinegar has been compared to “nectar of the Gods” and is the secret weapon of every home and restaurant chef.
- With its distinctive packaging, Gourmet Living’s 12-year old “Affinato” balsamic vinegar is a great gift for special occasions.
This barrel-aged traditional balsamic vinegar that has been aged 12 years. Most commercially sold balsamic vinegar is a mixture of wine vinegar and wine must. This 12 Year Old Balsamic Vinegar consists entirely of wine must and has been bottled and sealed by the Italian consortium with the distinctive red and yellow seal.
A Smart Buyer’s FAQ for DOP Balsamic Vinegar
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar: Traditional balsamic vinegar consists EXCLUSIVELY of barrel-aged wine must or “mosto cotto.” Unlike IGP balsamic vinegar or “condimento” no wine vinegar is added. This vinegar has been tested, bottled and sealed by the Italian growers association in its distinctive 100 ml bottle with approved box and pouring spout. The vinegar consists of 100% wine must with no other additives or ingredients.
Cooking with Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar tends to enhance the flavors of most foods. It is traditionally served with parmesan cheese, salads, fish, roasted meats and vegetables. Discover some recipes using balsamic vinegar.
Don’t be deceived by deceptive labeling and false claims. This 12-year DOP is the “real deal” that has been grown and aged for 12 years in wooden barrels and certified by the Italian Growers Association.
For more information on buying balsamic vinegar, download our FAQ