This traditional balsamic vinegar has been barrel-aged for a minimum of 25 years in a battery of barrels made from no less than 5 different types of wood. The resultant “wine must” is tested, bottled and sealed as an “extravecchio” DOP by the Italian Growers Association in a distinctive 100 ml bottle.
- 25 year old PDO certified “extravecchio” Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is barrel-aged tested, bottled and sealed by the Consortium
- Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena DOP is used sparingly on pasta or parmesan cheese.
- No additives or preservatives. 100% wine must.
- Barrel-aged balsamic vinegar made from the wine must of Trebbiano grapes in Modena Italy. No additives or preservatives and consists entirely of “mosto cotto” or grape must.
- Balsamic vinegar has been compared to “nectar of the Gods” and is the secret weapon of every home and restaurant chef.
- With its distinctive packaging, Gourmet Living’s 25 year old “extravecchio” balsamic vinegar is a great gift for special occasions.