This traditional balsamic vinegar is barrel-aged for a minimum of 25 years in a battery of barrels made from 5 different types of wood. The resultant “wine must” is tested, bottled and sealed as an “extravecchio” DOP by the Italian Growers Association in a 100 ml bottle.
- 25-year-old PDO certified “extravecchio” Balsamic Vinegar of Modena is barrel-aged tested, bottled and sealed by the Consortium
- Aceto Balsamico Tradizionale di Modena DOP is used sparingly on pasta, parmesan cheese or even on ice cream.
- There are no additives or preservatives. DOP Aceto balsamico is 100% wine must or “mosto cotto”.
- Barrel-aged balsamic vinegar comes from Trebbiano grapes harvested in Modena Italy.
- Balsamic vinegar has been compared to “nectar of the Gods” and is the secret weapon of every home and restaurant chef.
- With its distinctive packaging, Gourmet Living’s 25-year-old “extravecchio” balsamic vinegar is a great gift for special occasions.
A Smart Buyer’s FAQ for DOP Balsamic Vinegar
Traditional Balsamic Vinegar: Traditional balsamic vinegar consists EXCLUSIVELY of barrel-aged wine must or “mosto cotto.” Unlike IGP balsamic vinegar or “condimento” no wine vinegar is added. This vinegar has been tested, bottled and sealed by the Italian growers association in its distinctive 100 ml bottle with approved box and pouring spout. The vinegar consists of 100% wine must with no other additives or ingredients.
Cooking with Balsamic Vinegar: Balsamic vinegar tends to enhance the flavors of most foods. It is traditionally served with parmesan cheese, salads, fish, roasted meats and vegetables. Discover some recipes using balsamic vinegar.
Don’t be deceived by deceptive labeling and false claims. This 12-year DOP is the “real deal” that has been grown and aged for 12 years in wooden barrels and certified by the Italian Growers Association.
For more information on buying balsamic vinegar, download our FAQ