A 500ml bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Spain harvested from the Arbequina olive in Penedes, Spain
- Experience this estate bottled Spanish EVOO harvested in 2016 in Penedes, Spain. This gourmet Mediterranean oil is great for salads and vegetables.
- This award-winning organic olive oil is ideal for gourmet dining and is made from the Arbequina olive that has a low bitterness
- Wow dinner guests with Spanish recipes featuring fresh salads and vegetables using Gourmet Living’s Italian EVOO. Some claim olive oil works wonders as a skin moisturizer and hair rejuvenator.
- First and cold extracted olive oil processed in accordance to International Olive Council (“IOC”) guidelines. Don’t settle for confusing labels and inferior brands.
- Share Gourmet Living’s EVOO with friends and family and add nutrition and the distinctive taste of extra virgin olive oil to everyone’s diet.
About Extra Virgin Olive Oil or EVOO
Olive oil is at the center of Mediterranean diet. Many people claim that extra virgin olive oil or “EVOO” has important health benefits, but other reputable scientists suggest that these claims are exaggerated. Nevertheless, there is ample evidence that eating fresh vegetables and fruits are certainly more healthy than processed foods.
There are very strict definitions as to what constitutes and “extra virgin olive oil.” Specifically, the International Olive Council (“IOC”) stipulates that EVOO must have free acidity limits of ≤ 0.5 to 0.8%, zero defects of flavor and some fruitiness. Furthermore, the olives must be extracted by “mechanical means” and cold-pressed or cold-extracted (i.e. no heat) to preserve as much of the “real” taste of olive juice.
Sadly, these regulations and controls are bypassed by many producers and aggregators. In fact, many estimate that two-thirds of the “extra virgin olive oil” sold in the United States is mislabeled and/or falsely marketed. Savvy consumers buy only EVOO that has been bottled in the country of origin and where the vintage of the harvest is clearly marked on the back label.
More About Gourmet Living’s Spanish EVOO
Gourmet Living’s extra virgin olive oil from Spain has been harvested from Arbequina olive trees in Penedes, Spain. This award-winning grower produces an exquisite olive oil that is renown for its subtle taste of olives that Europeans and connoisseurs of fine olive oil prefer.
While the area around Barcelona is not as well-known for its olive oils as southern Spain, we believe that controls and harvesting practices are far superior. In fact, the best prosecco and Spanish white wines are produced in these foothills near the Balearic sea. With a shelf-life of over two years, Gourmet Living’s Arbequina olive oil is prized for its great taste.
Additional Resources for Olive Oil
Found below are some additional resources for those looking for more information:
More about the production of olive oil
FAQ about Olive Oil
Olive Oil Nutrition: The Pros and Cons
Food Tips about Olive Oil