A 500ml bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil from Tuscany, Italy. Taste the difference in an authentic EVOO grown and bottled in the foothills south of Florence, Italy.
- 2016 TUSCAN HARVEST: Estate bottled extra virgin olive oil from the rolling hills of Tuscany, Italy.
- MEDITERRANEAN EVOO for gourmet cooking and low free acidity of less than 0.8% as required by the International Olive Oil Council guidelines. Your assurance of authenticity.
- WOW DINNER GUESTS with recipes featuring fresh salads and vegetables using Gourmet Living’s Italian EVOO. Traditional Tuscan blend of: Frantoio 50%, Moraiolo 30% and Leccino (about 20%) olives
- FIRST PRESS and COLD EXTRACTED olive oil with an authentic PGI certification or certificate of origin. Don’t settle for confusing labels and inferior brands.
- GREAT GIFT: Share the joy with friends and family and add nutrition and the distinctive taste of extra virgin olive oil to everyone’s diet.
About Extra Virgin Olive Oil or EVOO
Olive oil is at the center of Mediterranean diet. Many people claim that extra virgin olive oil or “EVOO” has important health benefits, but other reputable scientists suggest that these claims are exaggerated. Nevertheless, there is ample evidence that eating fresh vegetables and fruits are certainly more healthy than processed foods.
There are very strict definitions as to what constitutes and “extra virgin olive oil.” Specifically, the International Olive Council (“IOC”) stipulates that EVOO must have free acidity limits of ≤ 0.5 to 0.8%, zero defects of flavor and some fruitiness. Furthermore, the olives must be extracted by “mechanical means” and cold-pressed or cold-extracted (i.e. no heat) to preserve as much of the “real” taste of olive juice.
Sadly, these regulations and controls are bypassed by many producers and aggregators. In fact, many estimate that two-thirds of the “extra virgin olive oil” sold in the United States is mislabeled and/or falsely marketed. Savvy consumers buy only EVOO that has been bottled in the country of origin and where the vintage of the harvest is clearly marked on the back label.
More About Gourmet Living’s Spanish EVOO
Gourmet Living’s extra virgin olive oil has been harvested from Arbequina olive trees in Penedes, Spain. This award-winning grower produces an exquisite olive oil that is renown for its subtle taste of olives that Europeans and connoisseurs of fine olive oil prefer.
While the area around Barcelona is not as well-known for its olive oils as southern Spain, we believe that controls and harvesting practices are far superior. In fact, the best prosecco and Spanish white wines are produced in these foothills near the Balearic sea. With a shelf-life of over two years, Gourmet Living’s Arbequina olive oil is prized for its great taste.
Additional Resources for Olive Oil
Found below are some additional resources for those looking for more information:
More about the production of olive oil
FAQ about Olive Oil
Olive Oil Nutrition: The Pros and Cons
Food Tips about Olive Oil