Premium cut dehydrated porcini mushrooms for risottos, pastas and stews. Rehydrate and enjoy.
- 50 grams of hand-sliced premium grade dried porcini
- Enjoy the authentic taste of funghi porcini throughout the year with this gourmet mushroom delicacy
- Porcini are harvested during the fall and sold fresh in European markets. To preserve their taste, premium grade porcini are dried and sliced to exacting specifications for quality.
- Rehydrate Gourmet Living’s dried funghi porcini to serve with risotto or pasta dishes. Also used to flavor meat stews and soups.
- Funghi porcini make a special gift for fellow gourmands with discerning tastes and palettes.
What You Need to Know About Funghi Porcini
Unless you are fortunate enough to be in Italy during the fall mushroom season, it is difficult to find fresh porcini. Dried porcini mushrooms tend to be sourced from other countries.
In fact, one experienced Italian producer told me that “it is impossible to find funghi porcini in sufficient quantity in Italy to be commercially viable. We import our mushrooms from eastern Europe and dehydrate and prepare them in Italy to our exacting quality standards. Anyone who tells you that dried porcini are from Italy are lying.”
No less of an authority than Marcella Hazan believes that that dried funghi porcini tend to pack for flavor than fresh porcini. In fact, 50 grams of dehydrated porcini are equivalent to a pound of fresh porcini.
Simply rehydrate the dried porcini in warm water for about 20 minutes before adding to your risotto, pasta or stew. Oh! Do save the liquid where the porcini have rehydrated to use in flavoring your risotto or stew.
Texture and presentation is important which is why we prefer elegant sliced porcini rather than the often unrecognizable shavings you see in most commercial brands.
Recipes With Porcini Mushrooms
Found below are just a few of our favorite recipes featuring Porcini mushrooms: