Sesame Crust Tuna with Balsamic Glaze
A delightful way to prepare tuna. A sesame crust with a touch of balsamic vinegar
Prep Time5 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 4 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 green onions white and light-green part, finely chopped
- 2 Tablespoons coarsely grated ginger
- 1 ½ pounds thick tuna steak
- 4 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon oil
Mix vinegar and 2 Tablespoons water with green onion and ginger in a bowl. Place tuna in mixture, and marinate about an hour.
To cook, remove tuna from marinade; set marinade aside. Press sesame seeds into both sides of tuna. Heat nonstick pan to medium, and add oil. Quickly sear tuna on both sides, just a couple of minutes -- seeds brown quickly. Remove tuna from pan, pour in reserved marinade, and bring to a boil. Pour over tuna, and serve.