Carrot, Courgette and Halloumi Salad with Ginger and Sesame
A colorful and tasty salad that hits all the high notes. Love the counterbalance with the Halloumi cheese.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time10 mins
Total Time25 mins
Servings: 2 Servings
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger I added a bit more
- 1 courgette zucchini
- 4 large carrots about 450 grams, peeled
- 50 grams cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 250 grams Halloumi cut into thin slices
Whisk the oils, vinegar, sugar, soy sauce and ginger together in a large bowl. Using a vegetable peeler or mandoline, peel ribbons of the courgette and carrot into the bowl, finely slice the cores. Toss in the dressing, then set aside to marinate while you prepare everything else.
Heat a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Toast the cashew nuts for 3-4 minutes, until golden, set aside. Next toast the sesame seeds for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until golden, set aside with the nuts. Fry the Halloumi for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden.
Lift the vegetables from the dressing and place on a platter or plates. Top with the Halloumi and scatter over the nuts and seeds. Serve immediately while the cheese is still warm, spooning over a little extra dressing, if liked.