Chipotle Chicken Chili sans Beans
I am always in the mood for a chili fix. This is a great one from the Pioneer Woman cookbook. We prefer it Texas style without the beans.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time1 hr 30 mins
Total Time1 hr 50 mins
Servings: 4 Servings
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1 whole Onion Diced
- 4 cloves Garlic Minced
- 2 pounds Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts, Cut Into A Large Dice
- 1 bottle 12 Ounce Bottle Good Beer
- 1 can 14 ounces. Size Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 to 1 whole Chipotle Peppers In Adobo Sauce minced (recipe calls for 3)
- 1 tablespoon Chili Powder
- 1 tablespoon Ground Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Salt More To Taste (we recommend 2 tablespoons)
- 1/4 cup Masa Harina
- 1 Lime Juiced
- Sour Cream For Serving
- Grated Sharp Cheddar Cheese For Serving
- Cilantro For Serving
- Lime Wedges For Serving
Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat then add the onions and garlic. Cook for a few minutes until onions soften. Add the chicken and cook until lightly browned. Add 3/4 of the beer, reserving the rest, then cook for a couple of minutes to reduce.
Add the tomatoes, chipotles, chili powder, cumin and salt. Stir to combine, then cover the pot and cook for 1 hour.
Combine the masa harina with the rest of the beer and stir to make a paste. Add this into the chili, along with the lime juice. Stir and cook for 10 more minutes or until thick.
Serve with sour cream, cheese, cilantro, and another squeeze of lime!