Get Better Soup
When you are feeling low with a cold or the flu, this soup will definitely get you back on your feet. Nevertheless, you must embrace garlic.
Prep Time20 mins
Cook Time40 mins
Total Time1 hr
Servings: 4 servings
- 6 cups rich turkey or chicken stock
- 2 HEADS of garlic cloves separated and peeled
- 4 to 6 small fresh jalapenos seeded and coarsely chopped, or less if desired
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pepper Jack cheese
Combine the stock, garlic, jalapenos and herbs in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer until the garlic is very soft, about 30 minutes
Transfer to a blender, and puree until smooth. Season with salt, and serve in mugs, garnished with the Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pepper Jack cheese if you are up to it.