Sliced Peppers and Eggplant
Love veggies that are a bit crisp. This adds wonderful color and healthy vegetables to your entertaining.
Prep Time30 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time45 mins
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 3/4 teaspoon coriander seeds crushed
- 3/4 teaspoon cumin seeds crushed
- Pinch of saffron threads optional
- 4 sweet peppers any color (about 1 pound), cut into 2" strips
- 2 baby eggplants about 1/2 pound, quartered lengthwise, or 1/2 large eggplant, cut into 2x1" pieces
- Kosher salt freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic, coriander, cumin, and saffron, if using; cook, stirring often, until garlic is softened, about 4 minutes. Add sweet peppers and eggplants; season with salt and pepper. Cook, tossing occasionally, until vegetables are tender, 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and add vinegar. Just before serving, add basil and toss to combine.
- DO AHEAD: Vegetables can be cooked 4 days ahead. Cover; chill. Bring to room temperature before adding basil and serving.