French Carrot Salad with White Balsamic Vinegar
A "last century" classic resurrected by Christopher Kimball and his colleagues at Milk Street. Love the addition of white balsamic vinegar.
Prep Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar preferably, white
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt to taste
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds carrots peeled and shredded
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a large bowl, whisk together the balsamic vinegar, tarragon, shallot, honey, cayenne and 1 teaspoon of salt. Let it sit for 10 minutes
Whisk in the oil until emulsified, then add the carrots and parsley.
Stir until evenly coated.
Season with salt and cayenne pepper.
Serve or refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
No tarragon? Use 1 1/2 teaspoons of chopped fresh time.
May need a bit more salt depending on the sweetness of the carrots.