Cold Curried Zucchini Soup
A delicious summer recipe with a curry kick. Refreshing when served cold. I top the soup with a sprig of fresh mint before serving
Prep Time25 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time40 mins
Servings: 6 servings
- 1/4 cup half stick of butter
- 1 medium sweet onion chopped
- 2 pounds small zucchini washed, trimmed but not peeled, and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot curry powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 2 cups well-flavored chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups best-quality plain yogurt
- 1 1/2 cups light cream or half-and-half
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Spring of mint as garnish optional
Melt butter in a large heavy saucepan. Stir in onion. Sautee over low heat until just transparent.
Stir in zucchini. Sprinkle with curry, cumin and thyme and cook 1 minute while stirring.
Stir in chicken brother and simmer until zucchini is tender still bright green.
Puree. Chill completely (minimum 6 hours or preferably overnight).
Stir in yogurt and cream.
Season well with salt and pepper and garnish with a sprig of mint (optional).