A delicious pancake recipe for those on a gluten-free diet. The recipe is from Dr. David Ludwig's diet cookbook Always Hungry.
Prep Time15 mins
Cook Time15 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 cup garbanzo-fava or garbanzo bean flour I use Bob's Red Mill
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg seperated
- 3/4 cup plain whole-milk Greek yougurt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened soy or almond milk or whole milk I add an extra tablespoon
- 3/4 cup neutral tasting oil
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (no sugar)
Preheat a frying pan (or waffle-iron if doing waffles)
Combine the flour, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg yolk, yogurt, milk, oil, and vanilla. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined. The batter should be thick like a muffin or cake batter.
Beat the egg white with a whisk or the whisk attachment of an immersion blender until it forms soft peaks. Gently fold the egg white into the batter.
Spoon the batter into a frying pan. Flip once and cook until golden (about 2 minutes a side). Serve immediately with the sauce of your preference.